AMENA-Psy believes in supporting and celebrating the next generation of scientific innovators, expert practitioners and visionary leaders in psychology.
Our graduate student members are pivotal in building a better future for psychology by increasing representation of MENA psychologists, serving Arab/MENA communities in the U.S., and/or increasing awareness and visibility of Arab/MENA psychology.
Congratulations to our graduate student members, and best wishes as they prepare to move forward to their final stages of doctoral training and careers in psychology.
Post-graduate Career (Starting 2021)
- Rawan Atari-Khan - Ball State University, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor of Counseling Psychology, Purdue University
- Mohamed Elnakib - Alliant University, Clinical Psychology Psy.D.
- Psychologist, Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo (El Centro, CA)?
- Nicole Jamileh Fleischer - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Clinical Psychology Psy.D.
- Pediatric Psychologist, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, Drexel University of Medicine
- Jihan Najjar - University of Nebraska Lincoln, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Staff Psychologist, Albuquerque VA
- Valencia Youkhanna - University of California, Riverside, School Psychology Ph.D.
- School Psychologist, North Kansas City Schools
Postdoctoral Intern Cohort (2021/2022)
- Laila Abdel-Salam - Teachers College, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) (Trauma and Personality Dx Track)
- Zena Dadouch - Northern Illinois University, Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
- Austin Child Guidance Center (Fellow)
- Emily El-Oqlah - University of Memphis, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- University of California Berkeley Counseling and Psychological Services
- Rahma Hida - North Carolina State University, School Psychology Ph.D.
- Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School (Psychiatry Consultation Service)
- Molly Mechammil - Utah State University, Combined Clinical/Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Boston Child Study Center - Los Angeles
- Habib Salama - University of St. Thomas- Minnesota, Counseling Psychology Psy.D.
- University of Minnesota - Medical School, Counseling Fellowship (BIPOC focus)
Predoctoral Internship Cohort (2021/2022)
- Nuha Alshabani - University of Akron, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Denver Health Medical Center (Adult Track)
- Bahaur Amini - University of Kansas, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Counseling and Psychological Services
- Danna Bismar - University of North Texas, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Rutgers Biomedical & Health Sciences/NJ Medical School (Child Track)
- Jaleh Davari - Georgia State University, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Georgia Tech Counseling Center
- Diana Diakow - University of Montana, School Psychology Ph.D.
- The Children's Center - Salt Lake City
- Alissa Der Sarkissian - University of California, Santa Barbara, School Psychology Ph.D.
- Didi Hirsch (Child/Family Track)
- Hanan Hashem - University of Texas at Austin, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- Boston Medical Center's Center for Multicultural Training for Psychologists
- Halleh Hashtpari - University of Utah, Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
- VA Pacific Islands Healthcare System (Generalist Track)
- Sheila Rouzitalab - Rutgers University, Clinical Psychology Psy.D.
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center - Zucker Hillside Hospital (Child Psychology Track)
- Zeina Soued - The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Clinical Psychology Psy.D.
- Illinois State University, Student Counseling Services
- Ida Taghavi - University of California, Santa Barbara, Clinical Psychology Ph.D.
- New York University - Bellevue Hospital (Adult Track)
**Photo: March 2021 - Several Graduate Student Members Celebrating Each Other Post Match Day & Job Offer.
If you accepted a post-graduate job offer, postdoctoral internship, or matched for predoctoral internship and would like to be listed: Email Bahaur Amini